Today, we will discuss about The Third Eye Chakra.
Third Eye Chakra, also known as the Brow Chakra, or Ajna Chakra is located at the center of the eyebrows, exactly at the place where Indian women wear Bindi on forehead.
As the name suggests, the Third Eye Chakra holds the command of our physical as well as spiritual activities. It is said that this Chakra is the point where duality ends, and we become one with our physical and spiritual self. It also governs and makes ourselves aware of our psychic thoughts and powers. This Chakra is the point to receive psychic information from outside sources, and have Clairvoyance.
Now visualize the body parts that are a part of this region. This Chakra affects the face, Pituitary, Pineal Gland, Parts of Skull, major parts of brain like—cerebellum, left brain, medulla oblongata, and hypothalamus, Immune System, Nervous System, and forehead. Therefore, if this Chakra is not balanced, it may manifest in the illnesses of Eyes, nose, ear, sinuses, Cerebellum, forebrain, medulla oblongata, and Autonomous nervous system. It may cause Anxiety disorder, Depression, Sleep Disorder, maniac behavior, fear, schizophrenia, paranoia, mental equilibrium etc. Psychologically, this Chakra helps one have a clear vision and perception about one’s own self, psychic intuitions, Self-realization; and emotionally, it enhances one’s imagination. The color of this chakra is INDIGO BLUE.
An underactive Third Eye Chakra makes one unfaithful, lack focus, lack purpose, extreme attachment to physical possessions, relationships, issues, and no connection with the Universal source, self doubt, lethargy, no inclination to learn new things, over-analytical, overindulgent, oversensitive to others, inconsiderate, rigid, closed-minded, and confused. With an overactive Third Eye Chakra one may feel difficulty in concentrating, focusing—as restlessness comes in, impatience, hallucinations, uncaring, cold, tend to belittle others, live in the fantasy world. You may even feel overwhelmed for getting loads of psychic information that you start interfering with the day-to-day life of self and others. To balance this Chakra you may consider doing the following:
· Imagine a dark blue or Indigo beam of light, entering your body at the Third eye Chakra.
· Imagine the blue beam converting into a spinning wheel. At first, imagine the wheel spinning anticlockwise. This will deplete negative energy, if any; and then spin the wheel clockwise. This will absorb positive energy from the universe.
· Make chanting a habit.
· You must do meditation, guided meditations, visualization to balance this Chakra.
· Keep a journal handy where you can record your dreams, images that come to your mind during meditations.
· Increase your power of being aware of your surroundings.
· Depending upon the energy of your Third Eye Chakra, you may reduce or enhance the use of color Dark Blue/ Indigo on your body and in surroundings.