Today, we will discuss about The Throat Chakra.
Throat Chakra, also known as Vishuddha Chakra is located at the center of the collar bone, the hollow of the collar bone.
As the name suggests, the Throat Chakra is the center of all our thoughts, emotions, communication, expression, and action. This Chakra is the radar to receive information from outside sources, assimilate and process the information. This Chakra is also responsible to generate Clairs, and also personal magnetism. Sometimes we feel attracted to a few people, or some people simply have magnetism in their personality. This magnetism comes from this Chakra.
Now visualize the body parts that are a part of this region. This Chakra affects Thyroid, parathyroid, vocal chords, jaw, neck, chin, ears, nose, mouth, hypothalamus, shoulders, lymphatic system, menstruation, and respiratory organs. Therefore, if this Chakra is not balanced, it may manifest in the illnesses of Thyroid, tonsillitis, common flu, infections, toothaches, mouth ulcers, speech disorders, swelling on vocal chords, neck, shoulder problems, premenstrual syndrome, hormonal imbalance, mood swings, attention disorders, and trouble sleeping. Psychologically, it has a great impact on our quality of communication, speech, public speaking, self expression, wisdom, and trust, contentment, truthfulness, loyalty, calmness etc. The color of this chakra is BLUE.
An underactive Throat Chakra makes one lack in creativity, prevents one from speaking his or her mind, makes feel shy, intimidated, introverted, unable to express self with clarity of mind, makes a person resist change, slow to respond, and give in to the pressures from others. An overactive Throat Chakra makes you talk excessively, mostly gossiping, and negative talks. You may over-react to small things and situations. This may also make you stubborn, and you may cling to old traditions and disabling beliefs. This Chakra stores the information about Self knowledge that has been passed from past incarnations or previous journeys of our soul. This Chakra is the place for most of the Clairs like—Clairaudience (hearing), Clairsentience (feeling), Clairgustance (taste), Clairscence (smell), Clairempathy (feeling emotions), and Clairtangency (touch) etc.
To balance this Chakra you may consider doing the following:
· Imagine a blue beam of light, entering your body at the Throat Chakra.
· Imagine the blue beam converting into a spinning wheel. At first, imagine the wheel spinning anticlockwise. This will deplete negative energy, if any; and then spin the wheel clockwise. This will absorb positive energy from the universe.
· You may consider listening to Divine Chants, and repeating Chants in mind, or even listening to some religious or spiritual music like choir, bhajans, geet etc.
· You must do meditation to balance this Chakra.
· This Chakra works very well with breathing exercises, nature walks, going to a sea shore, listening to the music of waves, the sound of winds etc.
· Do not suppress your emotions.
· You may also consider gargling with warm salted water.
· Depending upon the energy of your Throat Chakra, you may reduce or enhance the use of color Blue on your body and in surroundings.