Let’s discuss about The Sacral Chakra today.
Sacral Chakra, also known as Swadhishthan Chakra is located in the sacral region, hence the name Sacral Chakra. To locate it on your body, imagine a rotating wheel about two inches below naval.
This Chakra is responsible for the feeling of Self worth. You get the “gut feeling” right here in this Chakra. Sacral Chakra is our radar for the psychic phenomena like intuition and the secret place where we harbor our desires, sexuality, and the “need for respect” from others.
Now visualize the body parts that are a part of this region. This Chakra affects ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus in females, adrenals, testicles in males, hips, pelvis, prostrate, small intestine, urinary bladder, spleen, and lower abdomen. This Chakra is also known to affect the circulatory and lymphatic system, and also Urino-genital system. Therefore, if this Chakra is not balanced, it may manifest in the form of illnesses of the above written body parts.
Psychologically, it has a great impact on our emotions, feelings, intimate relationships, expression and acceptance of sexuality, psychic instincts, procreation, and social security. This Chakra mainly helps an individual to feel recognized and satisfied in all spheres of his or her life.
Emotionally it has a direct impact on one’s desires. The color of this chakra is ORANGE.
An underactive Sacral Chakra makes one feel insecure, possessive, envious, angry, arrogant, withdrawn, victimized, guilty, confused, and more materialistic; while an overactive Sacral Chakra may bring in emotional instability, hyperactivity, hypersensitivity, restlessness, and will make an individual lustful, selfish, controlling others, judgmental, overly attached to things, thoughts and opinions of self and others.
This Chakra stores the information about our childhood—pleasures, traumas, emotional well being—expression or repression of our feelings, emotions during childhood.
To balance this Chakra you may consider doing the following:
· Imagine a vibrant orange beam of light, entering your body at the Sacral Chakra from all the sides of your body.
· Same as in Root Chakra, imagine the orange beam converting into a spinning wheel. At first, imagine the wheel spinning anticlockwise. This will deplete negative energy, if any; and then spin the wheel clockwise. This will absorb positive energy from the universe.
· You may consider doing some creative activities like music, dance, an art form, belly dancing, listening to sensual songs etc. to balance this Chakra.
· You should consider doing meditation.
· Depending upon the energy of your Sacral Chakra, you may reduce or enhance the use of color Orange on your body and in surroundings.